- Main Campus Testing Schedule
- OCC Testing/Advising Schedule
- Test Preparation
- Requesting Test Scores
- Submitting Test Scores
- Course Placement Chart
- TEAS Testing
- Computer Competency
- Pearson Vue Testing
- ESL Listening
Preparing for the Test
It is very important that you study for your placement test. We recommend spending at least two hours reviewing each test area – writing, reading, and math. By obtaining a better score, you will have more class options and can get a head start towards achieving your academic goals.
To prepare for the COMPASS reading and writing exams:
You can begin with Chart Your Success on the Compass. It is a helpful guide that includes test-taking strategies and sample questions. It is available for purchase in the Durham Tech bookstore for $54.95. There are also several copies on reserve at the circulation desk of the Durham Tech Library.
To prepare for the NCDAP math exam:
Several online resources are available including a practice test, a iPhone app and web app that can be viewed on your computer or mobile device. The web app costs $2.99 for a 6-month access period. Additionally, Wake Tech offers a MOOC (free online course) covering introductory algebra that can help you prepare.
Practice questions and review material can also be found on the following websites:
- www.testpreview.com (select COMPASS testing on the left side of the screen)
- Guilford Tech COMPASS Test Preparation - Create a username and password. You do not have to be a Guilford Tech student to use this information.
- Accuplacer sample test questions