- Explore this Career
- Plans of Study
- Course Descriptions
- Search for Courses
- How to Apply
- Contact Information
Credit By Exam is currently available for CIS 110 and WEB 110. If you are interested intaking a credit by exam for one of the above courses, you must register for the course,be enrolled in a curriculum program and not have exceeded the hours allowed for credit by exam.
Credit by Exam Guidelines
- Only enrolled program students may apply for credit by examination.
- No more than 10 percent of the total credit hours required by the student’s plan of study may be earned by examination without special approval from the chief instructional officer to exceed that limit.
- A student receives a grade of “CE” (Credit by Exam).
- CEs do not transfer to any university: typically credit by exam is used to document relevant prior training, work experience, or competencies.
- Note: A student graduating with a CE as part of the 64 University Transfer program hours or the 44 core hours is not covered by the CAA. Inthat program, students should avoid CEs.
Credit by Exam Procedures
Review the information about the Credit by Exam process.
The exams will be administered within the first two weeks of class, during the day and evening to accommodate students following day and evening plans of study.
Credit by exam for CIS 110 for fall 2013 is over.
Please be on time for the exam. Once the exams begin, you will not be allowed to take the exam. You will be allowed to take one exam per exam time.
You will need a score of 85 to pass a credit by exam. CIS 110 and WEB 110 Credit By Exam require a pre-test in which an 85 on the pre-test makes you eligible to take the actual Credit By Exam (post-test). Both are administered in the same sitting.
If you pass the credit by exam, you will receive a grade of “CE” (Credit by Exam) for the course. You will be notified within two working days after you complete the exam if you passed the exam. If you pass the exam, the instructor for the section you are taking will be notified that you are to receive the grade of “CE”. If you pass the exam, DO NOT DROP THE COURSE. You need to remain on the roster to receive credit for the course.