What is PBL?
Phi Beta Lambda is a national organization for business students at the college level. The organization's basic purpose is to provide opportunities for students to develop competencies for business occupations through an extension of the classroom. Participation in Phi Beta Lambda allows students to develop those "success" characteristics necessary for the business world. The national organization is comprised of over 12,000 members nationwide while the North Carolina State Chapter has over 800 members in over 30 local chapters at colleges and universities across the state.
- I believe education is the right of every person.
- I believe the future depends on mutual understanding and cooperation among business, industry labor, religious, family, and education and institutions, as well as people around the world.
- I agree to do my utmost to bring about understanding and cooperation among all of these groups.
- I believe every person should prepare for a useful occupation and carry on that occupation in a manner that brings the greatest good to the greatest number.
- I believe every person should actively work toward improving social, political, community, and family life.
- I believe every person has the right to earn a living at a useful occupation.
- I believe every person should take responsibility for carrying out assigned tasks in a manner that brings credit to self associates, school, and community.
- I believe I have the responsibility to work efficiently and to think clearly. I promise to use my abilities to make the world a better place for everyone.
Durham Technical Community College Chapter
Chartered: April 3, 1973
Reactivated: January, 1989