Who May Join?
Any student who is interested in developing their business and leadership skills and is enrolled in a course (s) at Durham Tech.
Just complete the PBL Membership form.
$20 per member (includes $10 for national dues and $10 for state dues; membership year is August 1 thru July 31).
With Your PBL Membership You Receive:
- PBL Business Leader, a quarterly publication prepared by the national organization.
- NCPBL State Newsletter, a semi-annual newsletter published by the North Carolina State Chapter.
- State Chapter membership certificate, as well as a national membership card.
- A variety of publications and information from the state and national association to assist your local chapter with continued success.
- Most importantly, you receive the ability to use the organization’s name.
Participation in Phi Beta Lambda activities provides opportunities for:
- An extension of the learning process and a mutual interest exchange
- Business knowledge/skill assessment
- Development of personal qualities such as dependability, cooperation, and a sense of humor
- Job contacts
- Cultural development and social maturity
- Encouraging an understanding of the American Enterprise System
- Experience in leadership and "followership" as well as lessons in decision making
- Encouraging high scholastic standards
- Resume building experiences
- Development of "success" characteristics expected by employers
- A school activity for students--a place to "fit"
- Working toward a common goal
- Development of a competitive spirit and self-confidence as well as recognition and prestige
- Learning human relations skills and encouraging student motivation
- Getting to know your instructors
- Learning to accept responsibility
- Encouraging patriotism
New members are welcome at all posted meetings. For More Information contact one of our co-advisors: Janice Kerber, White Building, room 42, 919-536-7230, ext. 8066; LaTonya Steele, 919-536-7200, ext. 8064, White Building, room 37; or Michele Parrish, Newton Building, room 420, 919-536-7235, ext. 8158.