Online Registration Process
for Healthcare Courses
Review the information you need to know about these courses.
- Online FAQ’s: Are online courses right for you? View the frequently asked questions.
- Medical Coding Course Requirements: What is the correct order to take these courses?
2. Registration steps
- Review the current course schedule: You need this information to fill out your registration form and order required materials
- Be aware of Durham Tech’s registration and refund procedures.
- Complete and return: The registration form and payment one week prior to the online class start date (email address is required):
3. Online Textbook Information
- Online Medical Coding textbook information (pdf)
4. Textbook Order steps:
- Under the course description, where course dates and times are listed, record the 5 digit number in front of the word “ONLINE”; this is your course number.
- Two weeks before the class start date, with your course number, do one of the following:
- Visit the Durham Tech Bookstore, and buy your required course materials
- Visit the Durham Tech Bookstore’s website, and order your required course materials: http://www.efollett.com
- Our state: North Carolina
- Our school: Durham Technical Community College
- Click on the words: Textbook or Find your textbooks and Course Materials
- Select the Term then the Department: CONT.EDU
- Course: Five digit code for the course
Step 5: Recommended computer hardware and software set-up for online courses:
- A home computer (PC or MAC) with high-speed Internet access
- An email account (free accounts available at www.gmail.com ) or if a Durham Tech credit student, please use your ConnectMail email account.
- a reasonably current web browser (Internet Firefox 11 or higher is recommended). Download Firefox
Step 6. Logon steps (must be performed on or after the class start date):
Before beginning (or attending) your course-specific orientation, be sure to complete the Sakai Tour. If you have questions about Sakai, visit the Sakai help page.
Return to Healthcare Professional courses