Human Resources Transcript Guidelines

Unofficial Transcripts

Unofficial transcripts may be photocopies of official transcripts or transcripts stamped “Issued to Student.”

Copies of college diplomas or other grade reports will not be accepted as unofficial transcripts. Printouts from a college website may be accepted if they clearly indicate the name of the institution, name of the graduate, and confer date.

If you do not have a college degree, you must submit high school or GED transcripts showing that you have graduated.

Official Transcripts

After you have been hired, you must request official transcripts or foreign degree evaluations, pay any fees required by the issuing institution(s), and have them mailed directly from the issuing institution to Durham Tech’s Human Resources Department.

You have 30 days from your hire date to make transcripts or degree evaluations available to Human Resources.

To qualify as official, transcripts should be "Issued to Durham Technical Community College" or to any Durham Tech official authorized to accept transcripts. Transcripts may not read “Issued to Student” and may not be hand-delivered by the applicant, even if sealed.

A foreign degree evaluation or photocopy of one is acceptable as official if it is issued by an accredited agency (view list).

Durham Tech is enrolled with eSCRIP-SAFE®, the Global Electronic Transcript Delivery Network, that supplements traditional paper transcripts by providing high schools, colleges, universities, and third party recipients with a network through which official transcripts are delivered in a secure and trusted environment. You may wish to submit official transcripts through eSCRIP-SAFE® by contacting the Registrar's Office at the school(s) you are or were enrolled to have transcripts delivered through the network.