|CREDIT Online Classes
||After registering... what's next?
You've registered and paid for a credit online course... now what? Don't wait around for the first day of classes!
Begin these steps now, so you'll be prepared for online learning:
- Activate your ConnectMail account – and check it regularly! You are required to use this email account for your online classes. Your instructor will most likely email you at your ConnectMail address a week or two before classes begin with important details about the class.
- Find out the start date for your online class. The start date is listed on the course schedule.
- Visit the Orientation page to
- Find out which system (Blackboard or Sakai) your online course will use
- Durham Tech is transitioning from Blackboard to a new system called Sakai. As we phase in Sakai, some of your courses may use Sakai and others may use Blackboard. On the Orientation page, you can see if your online course will be taught on Blackboard or Sakai.
- Find out if your course orientation will be on campus or online
- Before your class start date, complete the Blackboard Tour or the Sakai Tour, depending on the system your course will use. (This is how you'll learn the all-important password for logging in and accessing course materials!)
| NOTE: Your courses will not be visible on Blackboard or Sakai until the first day of class!
NEXT > Orientation