Durham Tech has expanded its financial aid offerings through scholarhips, grants, and work-study earnings for recent Durham Public Schools high school graduates and Durham County residents who demonstrate financial need. Each year, a quarter-cent in revenues generated by a Durham County Sales and Use tax is allocated to support quality educational opportunities for pre-kindergarten through college-aged students throughout the county.
ConnectFunds are financial awards designed to assist individuals who need further education, career training, or retraining. ConnectFunds may be used for some Continuing Education programs as well as for curriculum programs, in addition to high school completion and GED® testing.
There are five optional available:
- ConnectFunds Scholarship: Provides up to $1,000 per year for two years to recent Durham Public Schools graduates. To be eligible, students must enroll in at least six credit hours at Durham Tech in fall or spring semester immediately after completing high school. Disbursements are made in payments of $500 per semester. Students do no need to apply – Durham Tech's Financial Aid office will review student records and contact those who qualify.
- ConnectFunds Work-study: Supports Durham County residents through on-campus work-study compensation up to an average of $2,000 per semester.
- Continuing Education ConnectFund Grants: Assists Durham County residents demonstrating financial need who wish to enroll in noncredit career programs. View the list of eligible programs. Students must apply for the grants.
- Gateway to College Adult High School Diploma: Provides books, food, child care, and transportation assistance, as well as enhanced counseling and mentoring services to students who previously dropped out of Durham County schools and are now enrolled in Durham Tech's Adult High School Diploma program.
- GED® Testing: Pays for testing fees for Durham County residents.
For more information, contact the ConnectCenter at 919-536-7222, ext. 4011 or email email@example.com with a subject line of "ConnectFunds".