- Career Center Home
- Career Exploration
- Career Self Assessments
- Career News Articles
- Career Tools
- Job Search
- Student Job Board
- Durham Tech Programs
Durham Tech Career Center: Career Tools
- Durham Tech Human Resources Development (HRD) courses provide skills assessment, employment skills training, and career development and enhancement. HRD courses are offered in short sessions to equip you with the knowledge, values, and practical skills essential to applying for, keeping, and advancing in your job. HRD courses are FREE for qualified participants. Qualified participants are unemployed, have been notified of a lay-off, or are underemployed. Underemployed persons are working part time and/or are eligible for the Federal Earned Income Tax Credit.
- Career Readiness Certificate: Durham Tech in cooperation with the N.C. Community College System, the Durham and Regional Partnership Workforce Development Boards, and the Durham and Orange County JobLink Centers, is offering the North Carolina Career Readiness Certificate (CRC). The Career Readiness Certificate provides existing and potential job candidates with a credential that proves their skill level to enhance employability. This certification allows employers a more efficient way to assess work skills. Employers use the certificate, along with other education and background information, to make employment and training decisions. Higher scores indicate an individual's readiness for a greater range of jobs.
- Got Resume Builder: Free résumé builder
- Preparing for the Interview Online Course
- InternMatch.com: Free résumé, cover letter, and interview guides.
- The Riley Guide: Section on Salary Guides and Guidance
- NerdWallet: Cost of Living Calculator
- America's Career InfoNet
Salary Information and Tools
Durham Technical Community College does not endorse any information provided on linked sites. Links to outside job opportunities are provided to assist students and graduates in finding employment. Durham Technical Community College is not responsible for any errors, omissions, or misleading information shown on linked sites. Please use your own good judgment when contacting potential employers shown on web sites not created and maintained by Durham Tech.