Which transfer program is right for you?

The main programs of study offered through the University Transfer program include the Associate in Arts (AA) and Associate in Science (AS) degrees. These degree programs are designed for students who wish to complete two years of college and then transfer to four-year colleges or universities to complete a baccalaureate degree.

The University Transfer curriculum aims to provide students with a set of skills and abilities prior to graduation. View the list of Associate in Arts/Associate in Science Program Learning Outcomes.

Students need to complete the 44 semester hour General Education Core plus 20 more hours of electives for a total of 64 hours. The specific courses you choose will depend on your major and the school to which you transfer.

The Associate in Arts (AA)

The Associate in Arts (AA) is a two-year degree with an emphasis on courses such as English, fine arts, foreign languages, history, philosophy, psychology, or sociology.

The Associate in Science (AS)

The Associate in Science (AS) is a two-year degree with an emphasis on courses such as biology, chemistry, engineering, geology, mathematics, or physics. Both programs prepare students for different majors at four-year institutions. The AA degree is for liberal arts majors, and the AS degree is for science majors.

Students who have already selected the intended major for their college degree should consult the more specific Pre-Major Agreements and Study Tracks.

Associate in General Education (AGE)

If you want to follow a structured academic curriculum, but have no intention of pursuing a baccalaureate degree, the Associate in General Education (AGE) degree may best suit you.